Recently, we released a new tutorial that equips practitioners responsible for business continuity and disaster recovery with the tools they need to develop a comprehensive disaster recovery plan when operating HashiCorp Consul on Kubernetes in a multi-datacenter federation.
This tutorial will:
- Review the essential data and secrets you must backup and secure in order to recover from a datacenter loss or lengthy cloud provider outage
- Show you how to set up a lab environment to practice performing a recovery
- Review the manual recovery steps you will take to recover a lost primary datacenter and help you think about ways to automate them
This tutorial has a companion repository that includes:
- A fully functioning 4-tier app
- HashiCorp Terraform code to rapidly setup your lab environment
- Examples on how to use HashiCorp Vault or other 3rd party providers as a certificate authority for Consul
- Examples on how to configure a multi-region, multi-datacenter federation using mesh gateways with the official Consul Helm chart
Learn more about using Consul on Kubernetes in production with this collection of tutorials on HashiCorp Learn.