The best skateboarding game is heading to the best consoles.
What you need to know
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 is the faithful remake of two classic Tony Hawk's skateboarding games.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 is heading to Xbox Series X|S and PS5, with up to 4K / 60fps support, spatial audio, atmospheric enhancements, and more.
- The game's next-gen enhancements release on March 26, 2021, is already included in the Digital Deluxe Edition.
- It's also heading to Nintendo Switch sometime in 2021, but an exact date hasn't been announced yet.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 was a rare moment in gaming, when a video game delivered exactly what it promised to and more. A faithful and incredible remake of the beloved classic skateboarding games, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 has been very well-received by critics and fans alike. The game is already available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4, and through next-gen consoles through backward compatibility. The next step for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 is a beautiful next-gen update, which is coming to Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PS5 on March 26, 2021.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 will look amazing playing on Xbox Series X|S and PS5, with a ton of enhancements planned. The update will include:
- 1080p at 120fps / 4K at 60fps on Xbox Series X and PS5
- 1440p (upscaled to 4K) at 60fps on Xbox Series S
- Spacial audio support
- Atmospheric enhancements like better dynamic shadows, reflections, lens flare, skater textures, and more
- Faster load times on next-gen consoles
The next-gen update is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2. If you're rocking the standard version of the game, you'll be able to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition for $10 on your platform of choice. The Deluxe Edition also comes with other additions.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 will also be coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime in 2021, although an exact release date wasn't revealed.
If you haven't experienced Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 yet and are a fan of this genre of games, it's absolutely worth your consideration. In our Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 review, our Miles Dompier said it "manages to deliver a gaming experience greater than my fondest memories of the franchise. These classic games look and feel better than ever."
To get the most out of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 and its endless skateboard tricks, invest in one of the Best Controllers for Xbox Series X|S, which will set you up for success.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2: Digital Deluxe Edition
It's going to look good.
If you want the best Tony Hawk's experience period, look no farther than Pro Skater 1 + 2. Coming to next-gen consoles with a host of enhancements, this is the best way to get your skateboarding fix.
This content was originally published by Zachary Boddy at Windows Central - News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows 10 and all things Microsoft., and is syndicated here via their RSS feed. You can read the original post over there.